Monday, December 14, 2009

Proposal Highlights and Revisions

All of the Google proposals were extremely applicable in each subject area specified. I learned a lot about all of the different ways to utilize the MID devices in an educational way.
Greg’s proposal had students working in groups in order to understand community resources. Students documented places that they visited within the community using the MID. Students also had to work with a certain amount of money. I found that this MID use helps students to really experience being an adult. Most of all, I love that students are able to really explore on their own without step-by-step instructions. This helps them to think outside of the box.
Dan’s Civil War MID use was something that I could really see working for students. Gettysburg can be experienced through the eyes of the students by having them take pictures of important battlefields/structures and create sound recordings explaining the photos. I also think it is excellent that students develop alternative scenarios and what the results of those actions would be.
Allison really developed a plethora of ways to use the mobile internet devices for her students who focus on life skills. One of my favorite activities is for students to create podcasts of what they would need to buy within a grocery store. Once students were in the store, they would able to listen to instructions to complete the grocery trip successfully. Allison also was very specific in choosing the technology tools that would be most beneficial for her students and the primary purpose.

Proposal Additions
After reading other MID proposals, I realized that I was not specific with my use of applications that students can use to document their collaborative writing. I want my students to take and upload videos, pictures, and voice recordings but was not sure which programs to use. Through Allison’s proposal, I learned about Animoto, QIK, and Aviary. Animoto is a program that helps users to combine still photos and audio. The QIK application gives users the ability to take live video, and Aviary gives users the ability to record audio. I would really like to actually use these programs with my students so that they are able to effectively document their writing progress through collaborative writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment